Plz help with wifi on Xubuntu

Discussion in 'Linux' started by rob41, Aug 18, 2008.

1. rob41

rob41

First off let me tell you that I'm less than noob with Linux.

I got an Acer One yesterday with 8 Gig ssd and 512 Memory with Linpus xfce.

Today I installed an additional 512 stick of 667 Ram which worked perfectly. I also installed Xubuntu which went very well untill I tried to get the wireless working.

I followed two different tutorials which didn't work. The Kubuntu tutorial doesn't work when I get to the point where I have to type: cd madwifi-hal-0.10.5.6-r3816-20080742 the terminal says "no such file directory"
    If I don't type that line and type: sudo apt-get install build-essential linux-headers a list of headers loads in the terminal and it says "you should explicitly select one to install" What do I do now?

I followed the Ubuntu tutorial and got to the point where I typed "sudo apt-get install build-essential linux-headers" and again some stuff loaded into the terminal and again it said " you should explicitly select one to install" Again, I have no Idea what to do next.

Can somone please let me know how I can resolve this?

Thanks, Rob

rob41, Aug 18, 2008
Ask a Question