Podcasts and RSS feeder -rec software??

Discussion in 'Linux' started by derek, Jul 11, 2009.

1. derek

derek

Any advice on good solutions- Would like to get a number of radio programmes on my AA1 and updated for each episode.
    So will the Rss application included with the AA1 do this job??
    Or do I need separate software that provides the management- auto downloading latest episode etc. If so which is recommended for Linux linpus AA1, BBC recommend Podnover, Google reader??
    Understand BBCIplayer can provide instant streaming but as far as i know as yet doesnt have a desktop that you can set up with favourites etc.

derek, Jul 11, 2009
  2. derek

derek

just an update, especially for anyone else new to this area.
    Have started to use Google reader- any of the BBC podcast radio programmes on this. and just bookmarked the webpages of other radio programmes in a folder on FFox, where there is the option to listen again and sometimes for many previous programmes.

Apparently there is a distinction between web based readers and desktop ones where you actually download an application. I am not an expert on all this but I like the Google one being webbased- it keeps all my selections up to date whichever computer i am on, and i like that it doesnt download so keeps everything light and off the memory of the AA1.

Theres a reasonable guide to Podcasting on the bbc website too.

derek, Jul 12, 2009
Ask a Question