Poop Brown AA1

Discussion in 'Acer Aspire One' started by ishiverwhenipee, Aug 23, 2008.

1. ishiverwhenipee

ishiverwhenipee

I want a poopy brown AA1 but no luck. I'm tired of my white seashell color. :?

ishiverwhenipee, Aug 23, 2008
  2. ishiverwhenipee

midgetdiablo

I was planning to get the brown One too, unfortunately they didn't have them in stock at that time. They are going to be released this Monday. That's annoying...

midgetdiablo, Aug 23, 2008
  3. ishiverwhenipee

Sid

Hey midgetdiablo,
    where did that gem come from?
    Last time I heard anything they were talking about later next month.

Sid, Aug 23, 2008
  4. ishiverwhenipee

midgetdiablo

I'm in Taiwan . These kinds of things usually come out in Taiwan before anywhere else haha.

5. ishiverwhenipee

Sid

Ah, just checking the next flight :)

Please keep us informed when it hits the stores.

Sid, Aug 23, 2008
  6. ishiverwhenipee

Maso

Rather than in oop brown or cotton candy pink or another other fixed colour, I had my AA1 dressed in a truly one-of-the-kind, semi-permanent film wrap, this one being from some trad. Japanese fabric. Red crown cranes dominate the picture :D I am in Taiwan, too, where packaging art of this kind is very popular among mobile phone and laptop computer users.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Maso, Aug 23, 2008
  7. ishiverwhenipee

Sid

OK, can I ask for some links to where I can find this material.

I assume that I print on the reverse side, let it dry.
    Then coat the printed side with a water protective spray, and then dampen the laptop surface and slide the media into place. Smoothing out air bubbles as I go.

Looks cool BTW.

Sid, Aug 23, 2008
  8. ishiverwhenipee

Maso

Thanks for the praise and I found some vendors who sells this kind of laptop skins online (there are many).

http://www.laptopskins.net/
    http://www.schtickers.com/

I had a decal artist (again there is a booming market where I live) work on mine but anyone can try transforming an AA1 if he or she is good with their hands.

Maso, Aug 23, 2008
  9. ishiverwhenipee

midgetdiablo

Wow, that's pretty nice Maso. You're in Taiwan too? Where do you live? Where did you get those cool skins? Kwang Hua Market?

10. ishiverwhenipee

Maso

Hi yes I had mine done near the Kwang Hua Plaza.. I brought my image as a jpg file and the decal artist helped to transfer it onto a printable vinyl sticker. He then applied the sticker to the top of my AA1, gently heating and stretching the film over slopes near the margins. A final layer of transparent film is applied to give gloss to the skin. All this (plus a screen protector and skin around the keyboard and arm rests) for under 20 GBP, but doing it oneself may be even cheaper! ;)

Maso, Aug 23, 2008
  11. ishiverwhenipee

midgetdiablo

Whats 20GBP? and can you take a picture of the interior(keyboard and palm rest)?

12. ishiverwhenipee

SbM

GBP=£

£20= approx. 1163 TWD (Taiwan Dollars).

SbM, Aug 23, 2008
  13. ishiverwhenipee

Sid

GBP = GB Pounds - cash/money used in the UK. GB = Great Britain.

Darn we are confusing UK/GB ?????

:)

Sid, Aug 23, 2008
  14. ishiverwhenipee

Maso

Well WE foreigners are often confused over these two terms. However, it seems that the expression UKP is used only within UK (or GB) itself. :cool:

I requested the interior to be covered with just transparent film to save further costs and so that people can tell that I really have a sapphire blue AA1 underneath all that painted skin. It seems to me to show more taste this way. :D

Indeed I find poop brown to be a truly bizzare choice of colour on Acer's part for their new AA1's. I might just as well prefer gold if it shall remain uncovered.

Maso, Aug 23, 2008
  15. ishiverwhenipee

Coelli

I can't wait for the brown A150. Actually, scratch that, I *am* waiting - the blue ones (XP/120) just came in stock locally at Microcenter (and the $350 price point) but I'm holding out for brown. Or even white or pink. ANYTHING but the blue... I've been waiting for it to grow on me, and still every time I use this 110 (Linpus, 1.5Gb, 8Gb), I hate the blue. :p Like really, really hate the blue. Are they *trying* to kill their female market by releasing this first? :D

Coelli, Aug 24, 2008
  16. ishiverwhenipee

rjm

Acer: Um, ... uh ... yeah. Well it worked for Louis Vuitton!

(too be fair, from what I saw of it in a Taiwanese TV commercial on youtube, it actually looks quite smart. The Computex shots dont really do it justice.)

rjm, Aug 24, 2008
  17. ishiverwhenipee

Maso

Hate the blue? Do as I did, dress your AA1 up! :) I am not female, but my female friends like the pearl white look just fine. White is also an easy colour if you want to mate your AA1 with a wireless laser mouse or something.

Maso, Aug 24, 2008
  18. ishiverwhenipee

Maso

Well if Acer can create leather textures on their poop brown AA1's, I would agree with you. Otherwise, I still think brown AA1 with a shiny exterior looks like a frozen brick of...poop. :twisted:

Maso, Aug 24, 2008
  19. ishiverwhenipee

Coelli

I will probably dress it up no matter what color I end up with. ;) When I brought the blue one to work everyone asked why I hadn't done anything to it yet! That particular blue is just a little difficult to work with. I'm looking forward to brown because not too many gadgets come in it (and it's an easy color to work with), and white would be fine too, but it's not available yet either. :)

Coelli, Aug 24, 2008
  20. ishiverwhenipee

Maso

Yup Acer would be taking quite a risk by releasing gadgets in brown. Imagine when those get dirty and smudged with fingerprints -- woah. I think it is wise to laminate AA1's that come in whatever colour, but especially brown ones require that treatment. ;)

Maso, Aug 24, 2008
Ask a Question