possibly a bios thing....

Discussion in 'Laptop Hardware' started by jimblue, Oct 21, 2011.

1. jimblue

jimblue

possibly a bios thing but im not sure so i thought id ask
    i recently "inherited" an acer asprie one ao751h (from a relative that can afford non second hand computers!) because they wanted a new one anyway and their one had just died
    so i thought i would have a look to see what could be done with it.

anyway, its problem is that when the power button is pressed very little happens indeed, i get the green light in the power button and the bluetooth icon lights up but thats it. no screen activity whatsoever, not even the backlight coming on! there is no audible disk activity and no lights showing the computer is thinking.
    oh and the battery light comes on

so, i had a cruise around the internet and there was some sugestion i would need to put some bios files on a usb and do the fn+esc thing. having got everything ready, having my usb key in etc. i held fn+esc and pressed the power button and the power button began to flash as it should.... but of course, things werent so simple!
    my usb key was not flashing or anything and when i pressed the power button to begin the process of course nothing happened.

i read somewhere that i could need to use anther usb thing, but i dont know if it will help, im just going to give up and take it to a computer repair place on monday, but i thought id ask some intelligent, wise and generous internet people first so i didnt end up paying £25/30 to get something done i could do myself.

anyway, any help/advice would be great!

jimblue, Oct 21, 2011
  2. jimblue

donec

Have you tried booting from an external drive using an external monitor? Doing so would help eliminate your hard drive and LCD screen from possible causes. Have you tried the USB drive you mentioned in another computer to see if the light works and the drive is accessible? Have you been inside of your case? Would you feel comfortable opening your case?

donec, Oct 21, 2011
  3. jimblue

zein1212

zein1212, Oct 28, 2011
Ask a Question