Post reformatting issues on Acer Aspire 1 8.9 in model

Discussion in 'Acer Aspire One' started by DukeOfAllThatFloats, Sep 12, 2011.

1. DukeOfAllThatFloats

DukeOfAllThatFloats

Hello, after significant slowdown of my Acer Aspire one 8.9in model, I chose to reformat my machine. But after using a usb dvd drive to re install windows xp, i am finding a significant reduction in my netbook's functionality. The audiojack doesn't work, my wireless card doesn't work, the scroll slider on the touch pad doesn't work, and also most of my Fn functions do not work. I would like any input on how I can return functionality back to before I reformatted. Thanks in advance.

DukeOfAllThatFloats, Sep 12, 2011
  2. DukeOfAllThatFloats

Swarvey Moderator

If you look on the bottom of your netbook, there will be a sticker to identify which model it is. Eg. A150, D150, D250 etc. Once you have this information, you can visit the Acer website and download drivers from their support section. You'll also want to download and install some of the "applications" including the LaunchManager software which will reactivate your Fn functions.

Swarvey, Sep 12, 2011
  3. DukeOfAllThatFloats

nestone

Consider upgrading to Windows 7. I have a AOA-150. I installed a clean copy of Windows 7 via a USB DVD drive and all the drivers installed properly except for the SD card reader. I was able to find a Vista SD card reader driver online that works perfectly with the ne tbook and Windows 7. Awhile back I did take the machine apart and installed a stick of 1 gig ram for a total of 1.5 gigs. That helps with the performance.

nestone, Sep 13, 2011
Ask a Question