Power Button stayes Orange?!?!?!

Discussion in 'Laptop Hardware' started by Little_Ho, Nov 25, 2009.

1. Little_Ho

Little_Ho

Ok first post here so bare with me.....

I got a Acer aspire one, which when soon as I plug the Power cord in it will lite up the Power Button Orange and no matter if i have a Battery attached or not, the Battery light Symbol will lite up Orange first then go green.

I cant turn it off or on nothing happens when I hold the power button in.

So what you think the Symptoms are???

Thanks for your help

Little_Ho, Nov 25, 2009
  2. Little_Ho

shurcool

I have an Aspire One A110, and here's what I noticed.

When I bought an after-market 6-cell battery for it, and plugged in it, whenever I turn it on when it's not plugged it, at first it flashes orange a couple times and doesn't power on. The second time I press the power button, it goes on.

It doesn't do the orange unless it's been off for a while.

The only other time I've seen this happen is when the battery is very low (like less than 3% left), it flashes orange while the netbook is on to warn you...

shurcool, Nov 25, 2009
  3. Little_Ho

Little_Ho

OK... it is the original Battery but an universal charger which i used on another AA1 before.

The funny part is i cant find out any information why the Power button LED turn on amber/orange as soon as i plug in the Charger cable......

Little_Ho, Nov 26, 2009
  4. Little_Ho

melhiore

Are you sure this charger provides right voltage and wattage to charge up the battery in AA1?? You said it is universal charger - what about original one??

melhiore, Nov 26, 2009
  5. Little_Ho

Little_Ho

i will try to see if i can get one then try it again......

but dont think it will change anything since i used the Universal on a AA1 before....
    but ill try it when i get a chance

Little_Ho, Nov 26, 2009
  6. Little_Ho

jenny2779

My acer AO751h has been great, until it started doing what you are describing.

One night, I didn't charge the battery as usual. When I tried to turn on the computer, my battery was dead. So I charged until the battery light is green and constant.

THE COMPUTER STILL WILL NOT POWER ON. When I unplug the cord, the battery light goes off, when I plug it back in- the battery light goes from orange to green but doesn't respond when I push the power button.

WHAT IS GOING ON? PLEASE HELP!!

jenny2779, Dec 9, 2009
  7. Little_Ho

vampyrate

i have searched this for my AOD150 for months now and this is the first topic even mentioning it. Is there any fix out there for this? it's rather annoying when the only time the power led is green is when it is going into hibernation, other than that if there is any source of power (ie. just battery, just power cord, or both) the light is a constant orange)

and acer won't do anything to help me with this. i have tried flashing bios to and from each end of the spectrum for this thing since i got it back in july. does anyone have an answer for this?

vampyrate, Dec 16, 2009
  8. Little_Ho

Little_Ho

i havent found an solution yet......

Little_Ho, Jan 11, 2010
Ask a Question