Power Meter stopped working

Discussion in 'Windows' started by yds, Apr 14, 2009.

1. yds

yds

I've got the ZG5 model (8+8 GB SSD) and purchased the six cell OEM replacement battery. I've recently started having a problem whereby the Power Meter no longer shows when I am on battery power - it thinks I'm plugged in to the mains all the time, whether I'm on battery or not. The meter was working just fine with the old battery, and at least initially with the new battery. However, I noticed it stopped working properly a few weeks ago.

The only thing that I can think it might possibly be is related to the software I installed to quiet/turn off the fan. I installed the AA1 Fan Control software (which by the way works very well as reducing the fan on-time). I can't say for sure whether this problem with the Power Meter occurred at the same time I installed this software however.

Anyone else having a similar issue? Anyone know how I can fix it? It sure would be nice to know how much life I have in my battery when I'm using the lappy in back-to-back-to-back-to....... meetings.

yds, Apr 14, 2009
  2. yds

yds

Solved my own problem. Before installing the AA1FanControl software, I tried a different one to control the fan noise: a1ctl. This software ran a patch on my ACPIEC driver. This is what caused the power meter to function incorrectly. I un-patched the ACPIEC driver, and now the power meter is back to its normal self.

yds, Apr 14, 2009
  3. yds

martipe

hallo, I have the same problem with the power meter. could you explain a newbi like me, how you solved the problem with the acpi driver? what exactly should I do? THANKS!

martipe, Apr 23, 2009
Ask a Question