Power Settings on Aspire

Discussion in 'Acer Aspire One' started by jackdashack, Sep 11, 2009.

1. jackdashack

jackdashack

POWER SETTINGS?

On the ASPIRE ONE I feel completely in the dark as far as what the settings such as HOME/OFFICE DESK or PORTABLE/LAPTOP mean as far as CPU usage, cooling settings etc. :roll: On my Toshiba's I am spoiled as far as being able to set CPU usage low/high/fixed, etc. and cooling performance hight/low as well as when the monitor may go off and HDD shutdown, Stanby and Hibernate which we can find in the ASPIRE. :D

Is there any resource where I can find which each setting such as HOME/OFFICE may means as far as CPU useage and so on? ;) Also, I have an ongoing problem with the aspire not hibernating by settings. It will manually with Fn F4 and at the Logoff screen. If anyone has any solution with that I'd be grateful. Thanks! Jack :D

jackdashack, Sep 11, 2009
  2. jackdashack

jackdashack

I SEARCHED THE DATABASE and saw nothing relavent. I would like to know which power settings give the highest CPU performance and the lowest CPU performance. I assume FULL POWER has the highest, but sometimes it seems slow, slower than an older laptop I have with less processing power and many more programs loaded. And I have much less programs on the ASPIRE. It's a shame that you can't set the CPU usage like on some power settings, Toshiba for instance. Is there a program out there that will allow you to do this to the ASPIRE? thanks so much! jack

jackdashack, Apr 27, 2010
  3. jackdashack

Swarvey Moderator

What model AAO do you have?
    Which Operating System are you using?
    How much RAM do you have?

Swarvey, Apr 28, 2010
  4. jackdashack

Swarvey Moderator

Re: POWER SETTINGS?

No need to double post. Topic merged with your other one.

Swarvey, Apr 28, 2010
  5. jackdashack

jackdashack

Re: POWER SETTINGS?

You see the first was several months ago and never got an answer.

jackdashack, Apr 28, 2010
  6. jackdashack

jackdashack

Intel(R) Atom
    XP Home
    1.2 Gig
    CPU N270
    1.6 Ghz

jackdashack, Apr 28, 2010
  7. jackdashack

Swarvey Moderator

No biggie there, you can always bump ur posts in the future if you feel they need updating. You wouldn't be the first to post a reply in your own thread. Posting a quick "bump" reply (literally just type anything as a short reply such as "bump" or "anybody out there?" and your post will then appear as an unread and towards the top of the forum.
    Intel Atom is the model of the processor in your AAO. It's full name would be "Intel Atom N270 1.6Ghz". The actual model of your AAO would be more like A150 or something along those lines. None the less, the major thing we need is the operating system. Now that I know your rig is running XP home, I'll build an XP Home VM on my desktop and have a look.

You power settings will appear in Control Panel -> Power Options

Otherwise I'll get back to you once I've found what you're looking for.

Swarvey, Apr 28, 2010
  8. jackdashack

LAZ

Control Panel -> Power Options gives you access to set "power schemes" such as "home office/desk," "minimal power management," "presentation" and so on, and to tell the netbook what to do about hibernating and turning the monitor off and on.

However, it does NOT give you control over screen brightness and cpu speed during these schemes. On my AOA, anytime I go to battery, no matter what the power scheme, the screen dims and cpu speed slows significantly.

Is there some way I can change that default?

LAZ, Aug 29, 2010
  9. jackdashack

Nicole34

Thanks for the information inthis site..
    It is helpful in my side...
    Cheers,..make money online

Nicole34, Sep 10, 2010
Ask a Question