Powering down while "inactive"

Discussion in 'Linux' started by cFirefox, Sep 11, 2008.

1. cFirefox

cFirefox

Hi all,

first of all, thank you for your help. So far I never stumbled upon a problem that hasn't bee discussed (and solved) in this forum.

So far...

I am using the AAO for downlading torrents (mostly WoW related install files/ patches, in other words: legal stuff :!: ) using the transmission torrent client. I like the program but my One keeps powering down after approx 30 min if I don't do any inputs.

How can I avoid that? Is anybody familiar with the power management the Acer Linpus version uses?

Thanks for the help.

cFirefox, Sep 11, 2008
  2. cFirefox

GavinK151

(from memory so might be talking rubbish)

If you right click the battery/power icon you can adjust the power settings for both battery and AC. I *think* you can tell it not to do anything like sleeping etc in that dialog.... I have the advanced desktop enabled (plenty of info on enabling that here in the forum) so it could be the case that you have to do this first...

GavinK151, Sep 11, 2008
  3. cFirefox

Motoko.A150L

Right click the battery/power-plug icon in the system tray area. Select "Configure KPowersave". Near the bottom of the window that comes up is the word "Autosuspend", click it and then uncheck (clear the x mark) the box next to "Enabled Autosuspend". Make sure you do it in the profile that you use when you leave your Aspire One on for P2P. Choose the appropriate profile from the list on the left first :)

Motoko.A150L, Sep 11, 2008
  4. cFirefox

cFirefox

Great, Thank you.

I am at work right now, so I can't try it, but as soon as I am home in the evening, I 'll give it a try.

cFirefox, Sep 12, 2008
Ask a Question