PPTP support with network-manager-pptp?

Discussion in 'Linux' started by cmiz, Oct 1, 2008.

1. cmiz

cmiz

I tried installing network-manager-pptp through pirut for VPN support to a pptp server. I ended up with the following error while it was trying to install dependencies:

file /usr/share/desktop-directories/Internet.directory from install of gnome-menus-2.20.3-1.fc8 conflicts with file from package xfdesktop-acer-lp-1522.no_spot.mcs_patched
    file /usr/share/desktop-directories/Settings.directory from install of gnome-menus-2.20.3-1.fc8 conflicts with file from package xfdesktop-acer-lp-1522.no_spot.mcs_patched

There are a bunch of other network-manager plugins installed by default, so I'm guessing it's possible... any ideas? I wonder if gnome-menus is really even needed.

I already have the command line pptp utilities installed, and abandoned pptpconfig because it was giving me weird problems with the GUI.

cmiz, Oct 1, 2008
  2. cmiz

craggsy

Any luck ? I've installed pptp but i get the same problems with the GUI, no text just squares. Anyone know how to fix this ? I tried to install Knetworkmanager but it is missing a file :?

craggsy, Oct 2, 2008
  3. cmiz

IMSancho

I've managed to gather a combination of RPM's that lets me install NetworkManager-PPTP, and it seems to be integrating with the rest of NetworkManager and attempting to create connections properly, but am having trouble getting GRE packets past my router. I'll try to resolve this and then pop all the packages up in an archive. Any one else resolved GRE problems on the AAO? Have compiled and loaded the MPPE and IP_GRE modules but I'm still getting stuck.

IMSancho, Oct 2, 2008
  4. cmiz

craggsy

I donwloaded kvpnc and got it working (pptp), then i rebooted and it loads up the Kwallet thing i put my pass in and nothing.

I'm beginning to think a vanilla fedora install would be best.

craggsy, Oct 3, 2008
Ask a Question