pqservice

Discussion in 'Acer Aspire One' started by g1enn, May 21, 2009.

1. g1enn

g1enn

Ok I have made pqservice visible and even given it a drive letter. My question is can i now make a disk image using norton ghost or similar and burn it to a bootable usb drive. Then and this is the multi million pound question, can i then boot from it and inslall everything back to orignal on a new partition.

g1enn, May 21, 2009
  2. g1enn

Arctic_Eddie

I'm not familiar with NG but if you can see the partition then you should be able to get an image from it directly onto another disk or as a file. Whatever you use to get the image will likely be the only way of getting it back onto your HD. It wouldn't make much sense to make it an iso, burn it to a disk, and expect it to boot and install itself. The image might contain the boot sector but it will want to go to the next partition which is bootable with the OS. It might fit on a DVD in compressed form but it would take a bootable OS and a startup program designed just to uncompress the image and write it back to the HD.

I can see my unmodified restore partition with Puppy Linux using the PUDD program. If I saved it off to an external USB drive either hard or flash then I'll have to use PUDD again to copy it back to the restore partition. This is an excellent way to backup the restore partition.

Almost any Linux distro will do this using the DD command. PUDD is just a semi-GUI front end for the DD command.

Arctic_Eddie, May 27, 2009
Ask a Question