PRICE HIKES on 160gb/6-cell

Discussion in 'Which Laptop should I buy?' started by penandpaper, Sep 28, 2008.

1. penandpaper

penandpaper

I pre-ordered on jandr.com and noticed the prices went from $399 to $429.

this smells like MSI all over again, when buy.com listed them for $499 as pre-order, then cancelled all the pre-orders and relisted them for $549.

penandpaper, Sep 28, 2008
  2. penandpaper

adriana

"this smells like MSI all over again, when buy.com listed them for $499 as pre-order, then cancelled all the pre-orders and relisted them for $549."

That is why I will never do business with Buy.com ever again!

adriana, Sep 29, 2008
  3. penandpaper

scottro

Had you pre-ordered at $399 and then had them increase the price? If you did the original preorder, J&R can sometimes be reasonable. (Not always, of course.)

As a friend who works for CDW reminded me, they usually reflect what Acer tells them--so rather than CDW, etc., being at fault, it's probably Acer. On the other hand, according to a discussion on on Amazon, one problem is that ships are being held up by Hurricane Ike. <shrug>.

scottro, Sep 30, 2008
  4. penandpaper

adriana

Don't know about Ike, which is long gone...but there was a mean looking typhoon in the orient last week. At last! A semi-valid excuse?

adriana, Sep 30, 2008
Ask a Question