printer software install problem

Discussion in 'Acer Aspire One' started by ronaldg, Aug 23, 2011.

1. ronaldg

jrizal

I was able to make a clean install of Windows using a flash drive. Just to let you know, my HP wireless printer still does not install. Bummer. :( I'm back to reformatting it to factory default and using my other printer.

jrizal, Sep 20, 2011
  2. ronaldg

andylynn

It seems incredibly stupid and difficult to understand why the 722 has this issue, i.e. only a few HP printers will install. Wouldn't it be easy for Acer to correct this problem of theirs with some kind of an up-date or something?

andylynn, Sep 20, 2011
  3. ronaldg

jrizal

After everything I've done, I'm now inclined in this theory though I haven't tried a fresh install of Windows 7 32-bit. Has anyone tried it already?

jrizal, Sep 21, 2011
  4. ronaldg

andylynn

I've given up and bought an HP Oficejet 6500. NEbody need a perfectly good Photosmart C4750 as it's now useless to me?

andylynn, Sep 21, 2011
  5. ronaldg

jrizal

Ok. I was able to make my wireless HPJ4680 to print with my AO722. I turned on my printer and selected Devices and Printers from my netbook then selected Add Printer. It automatically detected the J4680 and automatically downloaded the drivers. Win 7 will also download drivers by connecting via cable/USB which was what I did with my older PSC1401. Unfortunately, I still have to find a solution to wireless scanning. At least the problem is halfway solved. Perhaps other printers may work too.

Also, I am inclined to believe that this is an issue with Acer as I have found a similar post from the HP website regarding HP printers not being able to install on Acer computers. Note that the problematic PC is an older AO running XP. Below is the link.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Printer-ne ... td-p/91405

jrizal, Oct 3, 2011
  6. ronaldg

jrizal

Finally it is official that there is an issue with HP & C50 based processors according to this link from HP so the problem obviously is not limited to Acer AO722s alone.

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/docu ... =c03030583

There is supposedly a patch to fix this problem in which I will have to try first as I just found the link 3 minutes ago. I will post my findings.

jrizal, Oct 4, 2011
  7. ronaldg

jrizal

THE PATCH FROM HP WORKS!!! :D :D :D

jrizal, Oct 4, 2011
Ask a Question