printers

Discussion in 'Windows' started by mbelshe, Oct 31, 2009.

1. mbelshe

mbelshe

I recently aquired an Aspire One 250 with MS/Windows XP installed; I am having trouble setting up printer support.
    I have two Hewlett Packard color printers, a P1000 ink jet which has been running on a MS/XP system and
    a D7160 which is with a Vista system. My installation CDs do not install either on the Aspire.
    Suggestions?
    Comments about printers which are installing ok on the 250?
    Thanks, Mirella

mbelshe, Oct 31, 2009
  2. mbelshe

Forone

Can't really help, but can confirm for you that an HP all-in-one printer's installation disc worked perfectly on mine - though not a 250, this is pretty standard stuff. Be sure that the netbook's connection with the CD external drive is working properly. Since two HP discs fail, does any other disc work?

Forone, Oct 31, 2009
  3. mbelshe

mbelshe

Forone,
    Thanks; yes the optical drive reads other cds and dvds quite well.
    What is the make and model of the all-in-one printer to which you refer?
    Mirella

mbelshe, Nov 1, 2009
  4. mbelshe

Forone

It's an Officejet 5610. As above, any consumer HP printer should install under XP without a problem.

However, you might want to check the HP support pages for the models you own - I recall now that by the time I got the netbook a year ago all the Install CD software and drivers had been updated and everything was downloadable from HP, so that's what I did. Sorry to mislead about installing it from the external drive, because I didn't do that.

By the way, if you don't actually use the imagezone or photosmart software that comes with HP printers, I suggest trying to avoid installation. Even though it's pretty small in megabytes, it creates about 10000 little registry entries and DLLs that have a performance impact. I was stunned when I used Revo Uninstaller to get rid of it.

Forone, Nov 1, 2009
Ask a Question