[problem] display taskbar "Consider replacing your battery"

Discussion in 'Acer' started by nasrul89, Dec 30, 2010.

1. nasrul89

nasrul89

Please help my friends ...
    I have a problem on my laptop "Acer Aspire 4740G" with the operating system "Windows 7 Home Premium".
    Please help to identify problems that occurred on my laptop.

It says "Consider replacing your battery" and "there is a problem with your battery, so your computer shut down Might Suddenly" battery icon on the taskbar bottom right corner. (I attach a screen print it).

I do not know why it could happen like this, first I'm cool to play on my laptop (without charging the laptop), after less than 2 hours playing my laptop battery runs out. I then charge the battery, after the battery fully charged 60% appeared a cross in the battery icon on the taskbar.
    Surprised to see it then I pull out the charging and restarting windows again, but this has no effect. I tried to pair again charging, appears every few seconds as there is a burning smell in the device. then I pull back and do not dare use it again.

To my friends who have never experienced a problem like this, please help how to solve this problem. Previously, I thank you.

example of image display like the one on this link:
    http://forums.mydigitallife.info/thread ... ur-Battery

nasrul89, Dec 30, 2010
  2. nasrul89

Swarvey Moderator

Re: [problem] display taskbar "Consider replacing your batte

How old is the machine? If its still in warranty I'd be claiming. The burning smell is not something you should take lightly. On the other hand you might find that your battery is cactus and needs replacing.

I'd suggest running without the battery for a while and see if the burning smell dissipates. If not, your machine is probably burning something out inside. If the smell does go away it's probably a safe bet that your battery requires replacing.

Swarvey, Dec 30, 2010
Ask a Question