Problem in Acer Aspire 4520 AMD processor

Discussion in 'Laptop Hardware' started by polurupradeepkumar, Feb 19, 2010.

1. polurupradeepkumar

polurupradeepkumar

I am using Acer Aspire 4520 for last 18 months. The processor got demaged and service center head Karnataka area sales manager stated it happens .1% out of 100%.
    And interested thing they said Acer doesnot prepare processors and they are not responsible for it.

Note: Processor is heart of Laptops and Desktops, The branded company like Acer is not giving 100% assurnace on their products.

How can a customer buy any product which doesn't 100% assurance.

I feel Acer notebooks making customer fool by saying best product in market and excellent configuration.

polurupradeepkumar, Feb 19, 2010
  2. polurupradeepkumar

Swarvey Moderator

* Welcome to the forums, hope you find what you need here
    * As usual make sure you read the forum rules
    * It's usually pretty helpful to update your signature to reflect the details of your AAO
    * Please try not to double post and always make sure you're posting in the correct area

I'm from Australia, so our warranties may be different from yours, or you may have purchased extra warranty, BUT over here at least, the standard out-of-box warranty only covers 12 months... as far as I know...

Can't say I've heard of this, but I guess with all mass-manufactured items there has to be a margin of error. However I would think that if there was damage to your CPU, you would have witnessed some severe malfunctions from the day you bought your AAO. A damaged CPU is not something that will show more and more problems with age.

The CPU in these machines are attached directly to the mainboard, essentially forming one hardware item. Acer nearly always covers this under warranty, with the exception of hardware modifications being made. These will invalidate any warranty

Swarvey, Mar 18, 2010
Ask a Question