problem installing LXDE with mandriva 2009

Discussion in 'Linux' started by celeriman, Nov 5, 2008.

1. celeriman

celeriman

I installed the new mandriva 2009, KDE edition on my aspire one. Mandriva 2009 works fine. However I'm trying to install LXDE and it doesnt work. Everywhere on the web it says it's very easy, just search lxde (task-lxde ...) and install.

I can't find these package at all. Anyone can help me?[attachment=0:38464f51]screen.jpeg[/attachment:38464f51]

PS: I tried to install LXpanel, but it seems to do nothing different. Linux is new for me, but I do know computers a a lot. Thanks.

celeriman, Nov 5, 2008
  2. celeriman

zos

you must search "task-lxde" ...... not lx ;)

zos, Nov 6, 2008
  3. celeriman

celeriman

ok I found it. You must be connected to the internet while installing lxde. In my case, my "media" list was empty. So I had to fill it up. After that, you must change how mandriva is starting in the computer control panel (forgot the exact name).

LXDE is easy to install, but the installation procedure on the internet is very unclear, here's an example:

celeriman, Nov 11, 2008
Ask a Question