Problem installing Win XP

Discussion in 'Windows' started by blazinace, Sep 14, 2008.

1. blazinace

blazinace

I made a bootup USB stick with Win XP in order to install it on my PC. It boots without any problems to the TXT mode setup. It i I'm having a problem at the point where "setup is starting Windows" and then I get a blue screen with the message "a problem has been detected and windows will shut down to prevent further damage...." I tried three diffferent USB drives. I never encountered any problems with the Windows to USB drive installation. I followed the instructions to a teeth. I can't get past the windows setup file screen. Any help would be appreciated.
    Thanks.

blazinace, Sep 14, 2008
  2. blazinace

RaVeNSaNkHE

RaVeNSaNkHE, Sep 15, 2008
  3. blazinace

Brian

I've got exactly the same problem and I've just used the suggested method mentioned above without any improvement.

Brian, Sep 15, 2008
  4. blazinace

blazinace

That is the method which I first tried and then also tried a similar method using the USB_Multiboot as well. I can create the boot USB without any problems. Then I selected the "text" mode installation and it begins to transfer files. As soon as it reaches the "setup is starting Windows" thats where I encounter the blue screen. I"m going to try using USB DVD rom to see if it's any better.
    Nevertheless, thanks for your response.

blazinace, Sep 15, 2008
  5. blazinace

blazinace

I finally figured it out and installed Win XP. When I loaded my copy of Win XP onto the USB, I was using an old copy of XP without SP1 nor SP2. I slipstreamed SP2 with my Win XP and it worked great.

blazinace, Sep 16, 2008
  6. blazinace

RaVeNSaNkHE

good to here that pal.

Great....will let Brian know about it.....

Thnks for sharing the solution. :D

RaVeNSaNkHE, Sep 17, 2008
  7. blazinace

blazinace

You're welcome.

blazinace, Sep 18, 2008
Ask a Question