Problem reinstalling Windows on D250

Discussion in 'Acer Aspire One' started by tinesubic, Sep 29, 2010.

1. tinesubic

tinesubic

I bought my D250 3 months ago. I reinstalled Windows via USB, cause it had Spanish OEM edition. Since then, it worked just fine.
    Few weeks ago I had to reinstall Windows due to activation problem. I had problem with install and after a few tries, I couldn't make it to the Windows Setup via boot. When I started computer with thumb drive in place, it gave an error ''remove disks and any other media''. I tried various combinations of boot sources sequences in BIOS, multiple drives and editions of OS.

I took my drive out and formatted it in another computer into an empty NTFS. It didn't want to install. I put empty drive into other computer, set it as a primary drive, installed Windows and put it back into Aspire. Sure, it didn't boot cause of a hardware configuration, but if I switch to IDE instead of AHCI drive management in BIOS, it boots into Windows, but it won't recognize USB or boot from it.

Can anyone here help me? Drive is obviously still intact. Is there any other possible hardware malfunction?

tinesubic, Sep 29, 2010
  2. tinesubic

doodaa

Needs a BIOS update??? Just an idea... I think version 1.28 is latest on the Acer support web site

doodaa, Oct 1, 2010
  3. tinesubic

tinesubic

Yeah, the problem is, that I cant boot anything from USB, and when I come into Windows with IDE drive management, it won't show USB key to flash bios via .exe. Is there any special key or setting in BIOS, to boot from there?

tinesubic, Oct 4, 2010
  4. tinesubic

hecatae

you need to enable F12 boot selection in Bios, then use something like FreeDos to get to a dos prompt to flash the Bios.

hecatae, Oct 6, 2010
Ask a Question