Problem with 12 cell battery

Discussion in 'Laptop Hardware' started by Hapsis, Sep 3, 2009.

1. Hapsis

Hapsis

Hi,

does anybody have similar problems with 12 cell battery (from ebay)?

Everything else seems to be ok, but when AA1 has been off at least couple of hours, battery level in battery level meter seems to drop dramatically when I turn it on again. If I've used whole battery at on one time 100 % to 0 % without shutting the computer off, it would be ok.

BUT because I have to shut it down couple of times during charcing cycle (full battery would last about 10 hours), battery level drops dramatically and result is many hours drawback. If I turn all power saving options off, that computer won't turn itself of, it will continue to be on at 0 %. Oh – and if I then shut it down, it wont turn on anymore, because it thinks battery is empty... very annoying and makes this giant battery useless.

I have updated bios to 3309 without help and also let battery drain empty couple of times without XP's power savings.

Does anyone have experience of this kind of behavior on batteries? Is this battery bad or isn't there bios that support my 12 cell?

Thanking in advance,
    M

Hapsis, Sep 3, 2009
  2. Hapsis

KiNG

these batteries aren't offical batteries, i would suggest contacting the seller on ebay.

KiNG, Sep 3, 2009
  3. Hapsis

Hapsis

Yes, I know that. There are lots of good unofficial batterys, and others been using this particular battery without issues.

I was interested to know, if anyone has had same kind of issues with any of One's batterys.

Hapsis, Sep 4, 2009
  4. Hapsis

Hapsis

Ok,

for anyone who possible have similar battery issues:

I contacted the seller and they will send me now one. So there was something broken in the battery in the beginning. Seller is bayeagle189 (from eBay of course). I suppose that this particular battery was just a mistake :) .

Hapsis, Sep 8, 2009
Ask a Question