problem with evolution

Discussion in 'Linux' started by wingers, Sep 10, 2008.

1. wingers

wingers

Hi all, hopefully someone can assist me

Have followed advice in step 3 of macles advice re dependancies and then install evolution through add/remove programs (including exchange connector)

It doesn't appear in any menus, so did run, and then evoluton

comes up okay with setup wizard, I enter all my information and click on authenticate, enter my password and the wizard just closes without any message and nothing happens? any ideas???

thanks

wingers, Sep 10, 2008
  2. wingers

rbil

You can try launching evolution from a terminal and that way you *might* get more information displayed in the terminal as to what the problem might be. Another place is to look in your logs. An error might be recorded there. /var/log

Cheers.

rbil, Sep 12, 2008
  3. wingers

wingers

thanks, took a look in /var/log but can't see a log mentioning evolution

its odd as the wizard runs to ask for my account information, its only when it tries to validate the details and asks for password it just exits with no warning at all, if I then rerun it it then goes back to wizard again, can't even get into evolution only the setup wizard

wingers, Sep 12, 2008
  4. wingers

rbil

Maybe don't "Check for Supported Types"? Just use Type: PLAIN ... and see whether that works. I don't use Evolution on the AA but do use it on other systems.

Cheers.

rbil, Sep 18, 2008
Ask a Question