problem with my screen resolution

Discussion in 'Laptop Hardware' started by testing22, Mar 28, 2009.

1. testing22

testing22

Hi i recently did a ram upgrade...and for some reason my screen resolution changed to just the upper left 2/3 .. right from the beginning when the netbook posts from the bios..orginally I thought it was something to do with the bios because it got bricked.. but I reflashe the bios a couple of time first with 3114 then down to 3309 but it didn't help.. took a look at the ribbon cable for the screen but I don't see any damage but have not check it with a meter so not sure if it is 100% ok..

Wondering if anyone has had the same problem and resolved it .would be nice not having to sent the unit in for repairs...

testing22, Mar 28, 2009
  2. testing22

testing22

Well sovled the problems... it was the connector.. for some strange reason it was not seated properly.. not sure if it was dirty or the angle of the pug was offf but I tried to clean the contacts.. with a cut credit card.. the slot is too small to get an eraser in there .. but that didn't help .. so I ended up plugging and unplugging the connector about 20 times before it worked... thank god I don't have to send the unit in for repairs wasn't looking forward to beening without it for a month....

testing22, Mar 28, 2009
Ask a Question