Problem with RAM

Discussion in 'Laptop Hardware' started by NesterOFF, Dec 10, 2008.

1. NesterOFF

NesterOFF

Hello,
    I've got my acer one 110 week ago. It comes with linpus lite and i decided to look at it before remove and install suse or ubuntu. Linpus hangs from time to time and i instaleed suse 11 without any issues, but then decided to try ubuntu eee and gOS gadgets. But i couldn't install them. installation always failed with error. I don't remember the text of this error but it says something like "installation failed because problem with HD or installation source try to write on another speed or use more cooler system". But it is ok with installation source! I tried CD/DVD and USB flash and could install from them on another machines.
    Then I ran memtest which comes on ubuntu istalltin drive and i saw alot of errors! thousands of errors! and no any test have been passed. I downloaded latest memtest86 from site and got the same result.

So? looks that my memory broken? But why linpus working on netbook? And why i can boot from live CD ?

NesterOFF, Dec 10, 2008
  2. NesterOFF

bjlockie

memtest+ 2.10 causes my machine to reboot. :-(
    Do you have a USB cdrom?

bjlockie, Dec 20, 2008
  3. NesterOFF

bjlockie

bjlockie, Dec 20, 2008
Ask a Question