Problem with the Ram

Discussion in 'Acer Aspire One' started by PhAndrew, Jun 28, 2009.

1. PhAndrew

PhAndrew

I recently purchased an AOD250. Specifically in the details, it states that the ram capacity can be upgraded to 2 gigs of ram. I ran the curcial ram detector to figure out which ram to buy and it list that I can only have a maximum of 1.5 gigs of ram. Confused, I ran Orca Memory detector and it also said i can only have a maximum of 1.5 gigs ram. Now I am confused because I was hoping to get 2 gigs of ram. Do I only have 1.5 gigs of ram or is the scanner reading it wrong?

I have a AOD250 running on Windows 7

PhAndrew, Jun 28, 2009
  2. PhAndrew

DutchDK

The older Acer Aspire One models with the 8.9" screens can only be upgraded to 1.5 GB ram, since the onboard 512 MB ram can't be disabled.
    The newer Acer Aspire One models with the 10 and 11.6 " screns can be ugraded to the full 2 GB ram the Intel chipset supports.

Appearently Orca and Crucial haven't updated their ram configurators with the info applicable to the newer models. Go ahead and purchase a 2 GB DDR2 PC5300 SO-DIMM module, since that will work on your D250 model.

DutchDK, Jun 28, 2009
  3. PhAndrew

PhAndrew

thank you very much!

PhAndrew, Jun 28, 2009
  4. PhAndrew

Queen6

Just to add I have a D250 with 2GB from Crucial, no problems whatsoever, running XP with a high level of multitasking;

CT961677 2GB, 200-pin SODIMM Upgrade for a Acer Aspire One (D250) System

Queen6, Jun 29, 2009
Ask a Question