Problems after using ACER system recovery windows 7 basic

Discussion in 'Windows' started by jollycarlton, Jan 4, 2011.

1. jollycarlton

jollycarlton

My computer had slowed right down so I decided to restore to factory settings erasing all information on my Acer Apire One Notebook using the ACER recovery facility. Everything seemed to go ok, notebook restored ok and the netbook was like new. However when I tried to install my orange mobile broadband dongle, it said I didnt have the correct Administrator priviliges on my profile, even though I was adminisrator and the only user on the computer. I then tried to create a new profile using the name administrator only to be told that name was in use. I tried the dongle on another PC of mine and there were no problems, it installed correctly. It had previously worked ok so it seems there may still be a ghost administrator program running after my system restore. Can anyone help or am I doomed to pay £30 at an IT shop to have the hard drive wiped and a new operating system installed to fix the problem. Has anybody come across this problem before. I have looked through forum topics and dont see anything similair. Please help......... :evil:

jollycarlton, Jan 4, 2011
  2. jollycarlton

donec

Re: Problems after using ACER system recovery windows 7 basi

You don't say which AAO you have, how old it is or if you got the recovery disk with your AAO. If you have any warranty time left then maybe you can contact Acer and get an answer from them or possibly get some help from the store where you got it.

donec, Jan 5, 2011
  3. jollycarlton

jollycarlton

Apologies.....

Acer aspire one AO532h, and I bought it from Comet in July 2010.

The recovey was done by a program installed on the laptop called ACER eRecovery management. It was a full reinstal back to factory settings

jollycarlton, Jan 5, 2011
  4. jollycarlton

donec

If you bought it from in July 2010 you may be able to get support from Acer. I don't know where you live but since Google says Comet is in the UK I suspect you may be from there and I don't have the number for Acer UK but the number for Acer USA is 1-866-695-2237.

donec, Jan 5, 2011
Ask a Question