Problems mounting .iso

Discussion in 'Linux' started by the_raptor, Sep 12, 2008.

1. the_raptor

the_raptor

I am trying to mount the .iso of Command and Conquer:Red Alert (which are available free from the publisher). But it is not working.

This is a typical attempt and failure. I used mkdir to create /mnt/iso as root. I have tried specifying the iso type (which shouldn't be necessary), and running it from the directory in which the .iso is located. I am not a Linux newbie, but I haven't used it in a few years, and a half hour of Google searching has turned up nothing which has resolved this. Given the weirdness of the default Linpus install I believe this would be the best place to find a solution.

the_raptor, Sep 12, 2008
  2. the_raptor

daldred

Is /mnt/home right there? I'm not at my One at the moment, but I'm pretty sure that's not where your home directory is; if you've copied the iso onto the One you may well want /home/user instead of /mnt/home

If you're loading from a device other than the internal SSD on the One, how is it formatted? I seem to recall there used to be - issues with mounting files on filesystems formatted with things like NTFS; I thought those issues had been resolved but the base of the Linpus system is a bit dated!

daldred, Sep 12, 2008
  3. the_raptor

tot31

Make sure you become root before try to mount. Try this command
    mount -t iso9660 -o,ro,loop /mnt/home/Files/RAallies.iso /mnt/iso

tot31, Sep 12, 2008
  4. the_raptor

the_raptor

I have an SD card and have used macles hack to make aufs prefer writing to it over the SSD, so the file is physically on the SD card. And aufs merges /home/user and the SD card into the virtual directory /mnt/home. I have tried doing the mount leaving off the directory path, but cd'ing to /home/User/Files or /mnt/home/Files first.

Tried that, same failure.

I am getting suspicious that the problem is either due to the filesystem of the SD card (I am using it as is, tomorrow I will stick gparted on my USB stick and check how it is setup). Or some thing to do with how the AA1 handles the storage expansion SD card (eg I find it suspicious that I can't access the card directly, neither /mnt/disk or /dev/sdb have any data). But it is 1:30 in the morning, far to late for further hacking.

the_raptor, Sep 12, 2008
Ask a Question