Problems opening Photomaster

Discussion in 'Linux' started by ammacrazee, Feb 5, 2009.

1. ammacrazee

ammacrazee

After downloading photos to Photoframe I cannot open them with Photomaster - it always default to 'Mediaplayer' even when I choose to open with Photomaster. As a result I cannot rotate or edit my photos or view them as a slideshow.

I bought my machine from Dixon's and I am struggling to access support from them or Acer regarding software problems.

Any suggestions anyone?

ammacrazee, Feb 5, 2009
  2. ammacrazee

sail97

The Photoframe folder seems to be used as the place to hold any pictures you want to display in your screen saver.

If you right click on a photo then choose other applications you can use the gThumb Image viewer to display your pictures and even view them as a slideshow.

sail97, Feb 7, 2009
  3. ammacrazee

libssd

What sail9 says. I just copied a couple of hundred photos to a folder within the "My Photos" folder, then went back to the desktop, and started the gThumb image viewer, and ran a slide show. The only glitch is that gThumb, even though it says it has a "fade" transition, always just snaps to the next image.

libssd, Feb 7, 2009
  4. ammacrazee

Tootler

The photoframe folder stores pictures that you want to use as a screensaver. I deleted the ones that were already there and replaced them with photos of my own and they now form my screensaver. Just change the photos in the folder to change the screensaver.

I store my photos within folders inside the pictures folder. If you open one of these and double click on a picture, it will open in photo master. If you click play, the folder will form your slide show. I find this very useful.

Geoff

Tootler, Feb 9, 2009
  5. ammacrazee

libssd

I just double-checked on my earlier reply, as I didn't have access to the AA1 when I posted it.

Home --> Fun --> Image Viewer [aka gThumb] I don't remember if this app is installed by default. It has more of a user interface than Photo Master.

Select a folder with photos in it, then F12 to run a slideshow. You can set some preferences under the Edit menu. In my experience, under the Slide Show tab, the "Use a fading effect when changing image" option does not work. Other than that quirk, it's a reasonable photo viewing/slide show app.

libssd, Feb 9, 2009
  6. ammacrazee

ammacrazee

Thanks very much for your helpful advice. I appreciate your taking the time to get back to me.

ammacrazee, Feb 28, 2009
Ask a Question