Problems reinstall iATKOS

Discussion in 'MacOS' started by Major Kong, Oct 16, 2008.

1. Major Kong

Major Kong

Hi,

I have the version 4 of iATKOS installed on my hackintosh. I downloaded version 4.1 the other day and thought I should reinstall everything; I have some problem with my installation so it hangs when I try to shut down. (It goes through the whole shutdown procedure, it just never turns of the power).

So, I inserted the DVD in my USB DVD-player but when I try to boot frm that one I always end up with the OS on the HD being active.

How can I do a total reinstall of iATKOS? Should I hose the disk with some Linux live CD or is there a trick to it that I have yet to discover?

Quite obviously should this be possible since a lot of you reinstall on a daily basis, trying out stuff. Why, of why, can I not do the same?

Cheers,

Major Kong

Major Kong, Oct 16, 2008
  2. Major Kong

Major Kong

I ended up installing a small foot print Linux on a USB-disk and booted from that one. Once in Linux I fired up fdisk and removed all partitions. Then I booted from the iATKOS DVD and it installed fine.

There is probably an easier way but this worked for me.

Cheers

Major Kong, Oct 19, 2008
  3. Major Kong

Major Kong

Turns out it was just a matter of RTFM: when the install DVD boots it asks whether you want to boot from the DVD or not, just press a key. It all comes of not reading the instructions properly. My way of erasing the disk with Linux works allright, but it is way, way easier to do it the proper way...

Major Kong, Oct 23, 2008
Ask a Question