Problems Running Game

Discussion in 'Windows' started by litstorm, Sep 2, 2008.

1. litstorm

litstorm

I just got my new Acer Aspire one and im happy with it.
    Specs
    Hdd 120Gb
    Ram 512Mb + 1gb i installed myself (1.5Gb Total)
    Model a150
    Windows Xp Pro
    Etc

I'm trying to do some light gaming on it, World of Warcraft in particular.
    Here's the problem im only getting about 5-15 fps, with just about all my settings at the minimum. That was before and after the ram upgrade.

And i am readying 1.5Gb ram in windows and bios, one thing i found weird is that in my bios it says my graphics card has 8Mb of video ram ?!?

Basically i wanna know if there is either a problem with my Acer, if its old/faulty drivers (i just updated it yesterday), bad windows install... Or is there any options i need to configure to make it run faster?

litstorm, Sep 2, 2008
  2. litstorm

Irwin J. Finster

Hmm, weird, reportedly people get out much better fps with WOW. Hell, I run Lord of the Rings Online, which has much higher system requirements pretty well on my AA1 with just 1 GB of RAM (with quite low graphic settings). You might want to try a clean install, and/or running no applications etc. in the background. As for the 8MB of video ram, it is the base allocation AFAIK, the RAM is assigned dynamically as needed to the Intel video chip.

Irwin J. Finster, Sep 4, 2008
  3. litstorm

Ranjit

Alrite well Welcome to the wonderful world of Intel Graphics, the 8mb videoram in the bios is not a bug, WoW running like crap is probably not wrong its just alot of people seem to think 16fps is running fast(im not one of them, but i have not test WoW so i cant say it might run fast),

but the system ram can be use by the intergrated card, so dont worry about the 8mb its normal.

Your Best luck is checking out this list viewtopic.php?f=21&t=2772
    It seems to have real reliable results when it comes to preformance.

Ranjit, Sep 5, 2008
  4. litstorm

litstorm

The link you gave is not working... I am gonna try a full windows reinstall, update all drivers, again, and install wow again, see performance, try tweaking xp/wow a bit if its still slow, ill get back to you once im done

litstorm, Sep 7, 2008
  5. litstorm

Ranjit

Ive created a new list you can check it, its pined in this Games forum.

Ranjit, Sep 11, 2008
  6. litstorm

angel77

I've got the Windows version of the AAO (with 120 GB HDD and 1GB memory). I've installed and played WoW a lot. It works great for me. Some issues loading large amounts of textures in large cities, but no issues whatsoever with playing out in the field. I haven't tuned on anything on the machine after I bought it. I run completly without WoW mods on the AAO to minimize memory usage.

angel77, Sep 16, 2008
Ask a Question