Problems with KTorrent icons

Discussion in 'Linux' started by ABSDoug, Feb 3, 2009.

1. ABSDoug

ABSDoug

Had to re-install Linpus all over again. KTorrent icons all worked before. After I reinstalled, I created a *.desktop entry so the KTorrent icon would appear in "Connect". It does, but the icon doesn't work. Going to /usr/share/applications/kde/ then clicking on KTorrent icon yields nothing. I can get KTorrent to work via right-click. Why is this & what folder contains the icons seen via right-click? Thanks!

ABSDoug, Feb 3, 2009
  2. ABSDoug

daldred

The folder containing the files which drive the desktop is /usr/share/applications, the one you've found, but they are also the ones which drive the right-click menu.

I may be wrong, but I'd suspect that your group-app.xml file doesn't point to the right .desktop file - could there be two of them, perhaps?

daldred, Feb 3, 2009
  3. ABSDoug

ABSDoug

David, thank you for the reply. I've now triple checked. This situation is very strange! The correct *.desktop is being pointed to. How the heck is this happening?

Doug

ABSDoug, Feb 6, 2009
  4. ABSDoug

daldred

It's very odd. Could you post the .desktop file here, in case anything looks odd to an second pair of eyes?

daldred, Feb 7, 2009
  5. ABSDoug

ABSDoug

Thanks again David.

<app sequence="8">/usr/share/applications/kde/ktorrent.desktop</app>

The command line: ktorrent %i %m -caption "%c" %u

The folder location: /usr/share/applications/kde

Doug

ABSDoug, Feb 8, 2009
  6. ABSDoug

daldred

Just one thought: I can't find any other .desktop files which have those %i %m and %c options. I'd wonder about changing the command to just "ktorrent %u" and see if that helps.

According to the freedesktop standard, %c and %i have meanings but %m is deprecated; the meanings for %c and %i don't seem relevant to the ktorrent command line, though. It could be that the standard XFCE menu is better at coping with such things than the Acerised version!

daldred, Feb 8, 2009
Ask a Question