Problems with Ubuntu 9.04 on the AAO

Discussion in 'Linux' started by c-m, Jul 6, 2009.

1. c-m

c-m

I am currently using Ubuntu 9.04 Juanty on my AA0 1.5gb 120gb netbook.

I seem to be having problems with the performance of the machine. Using the netbook remix interface there is a long pause between clicking on an icon e.g Home and that window actually opening.

I also noticed that during video and audio playbad the content stops/pauses every 30 seconds or so, this seems to coincide with the HDD making a clicking sound. I'm told this is due to a power/drive saving feature called Automatic Power Management (APM) - can anyone tell me how to disable this?

I have also noticed that if i leave my netbook on for long periods 7+ hours, or close the lid and wake it back up, I lose wifi connection and cannot reconnect without restarting the computer.

Any thougths would be appriciated.

c-m, Jul 6, 2009
  2. c-m

jacktar

I also had a problem on my A110 with disk activity causing long pauses. I have put the log files in ram and this has more or less cured the problem. There are also more suggestions from other people in a tread I started.

viewtopic.php?f=28&t=15549

jacktar, Jul 9, 2009
Ask a Question