problems with wireless internet access

Discussion in 'Windows' started by Guest, Feb 25, 2009.

1. Guest

Guest Guest

According to my AAO, I am connected to my wireless internet network. Excellent strength.
    However, when I try to actually go to a webpage, I get an "Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage" message. Occasionally I will have my homepage (set to Google) come up, but I then get the above message it I try to go to another site. From reading other postings in the forum, I thought it might have something to do with BIOS settings--but I don't know really what that is, or how to change any settings.
    My laptop, and my husband's laptop do not have this problem, so it seems to be a problem specific to the AAO.
    Any ideas would be appreciated. Thanks

Guest, Feb 25, 2009
  2. Guest

msurette

I had the same problem. I updated my bios and atheros drivers and now my wireless is rock solid.

You can find several Aspire One specific sets of instructions on how to do this on Google.

Hope that helps.

Mike

msurette, Feb 28, 2009
  3. Guest

Mikell

Ive got this same problem, not particularly savvy enough to figure out which drivers to download, does anyone have a link to them so I can maybe use this laptop???

Thanks alot!

Mikell, Mar 9, 2009
  4. Guest

Rich in ILM

Rich in ILM, Mar 9, 2009
  5. Guest

Guest Guest

Mike and Rich--thanks! I did find instructions online, but found them a bit daunting and so, AA0 in hand, went back to Future Shop. My AA0 had been a demo but had not gone into the tech shop before I took it home; the tech guy I spoke to was annoyed at the salesperson (I gather he had done this sort of thing before) and so simply took my month old AA0 and gave me a brand new one right out of the box! The new one works flawlessly.

Guest, Mar 10, 2009
Ask a Question