Probs after installing xp

Discussion in 'Windows' started by ben c, Jan 25, 2009.

1. ben c

ben c

Hi ya,

Finally managed to install xp on my girl friends Aspire One 150 but its not liking it at all.

Its not recognising anything in the usb ports and has not got its wireless connection either.

I tried plugging in the a lan cable conection to see if I could update the xp and install some drivers but its not recognising that either.

As you can see i'm up late trying to mend it before my girl friend see's what i've done :oops:

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks, Ben.

ben c, Jan 25, 2009
  2. ben c

jeremysdad

You need the drivers for all of your devices in order for them to work properly. You can find them in a subforum down the page, entitled "Drivers/downloads". Just install drivers for your LAN, WLAN (wifi), and you should be good to go. You haven't broken anything, you're just not done 'fixing' it yet... :D Good luck...

jeremysdad, Jan 25, 2009
  3. ben c

ben c

Thanks, thats what I thought.

But how can I install them when I can't get the laptop tp regognise any drives and can't get ontop the net wired or wireless?

Cheers, Ben.

ben c, Jan 25, 2009
  4. ben c

jeremysdad

Downlaod them on another machine (like the one you're using to post here ;) ) onto a USB...Okay, now I see the entire scope of your issue...What iso of Windows did you use? I have a Dell OEM version of XP/Service Pack 1 on mine, and everyhting worked from the get-go, except for my wireless. Sounds like you may have used an Nlited version that had all the drivers removed, and none put into it for the One. You may have to do a reinstall, and start over with a more complete version of Windows... :(

jeremysdad, Jan 25, 2009
Ask a Question