Product Registration for AA1

Discussion in 'Laptop Hardware' started by Ace_Rimmer, Aug 18, 2008.

1. Ace_Rimmer

Ace_Rimmer

I tried to register my AA1 by clicking on "Register Product" on Acer's Aspire One web site, but got the error message that my serial number is not valid. (I found one other mention of this on the forums here.) I sent an E-mail to the tech support link asking how to proceed and got back a message saying that all Aspire One support is presently being handled on the 800 number only and to expect "long hold times," and that support is not available via the web right now.

I'm sure they just don't have the web site updated yet to support AA1 users and that this will get fixed in a bit. Meanwhile, just wondering if anyone has found a way to register their purchase with Acer.

Ace_Rimmer, Aug 18, 2008
  2. Ace_Rimmer

SbM

I registered mine on the day of purchase without any problem at all, on their web site.

SbM, Aug 18, 2008
  3. Ace_Rimmer

lazy

is there any advantage to getting it registered

lazy, Aug 18, 2008
  4. Ace_Rimmer

SbM

Don't know, but since it's free why not do it. I guess it could be useful if Acer ever wants to warn you about hardware problems or things like that.

SbM, Aug 18, 2008
  5. Ace_Rimmer

JimK

I got the same error message when I tried to register mine.

Well, if they enabled registration on the Web, that would help relieve their phone support staff and maybe make those hold times a little shorter and save the company a little cash. Just saying.

JimK, Aug 18, 2008
  6. Ace_Rimmer

lmf22

I purchased mine a week ago and just tried to register, but got the same error: "Your serial number is not valid."

lmf22, Aug 19, 2008
  7. Ace_Rimmer

bjc

I just registered mine (in order to get the AU$99 cashback) and it initially gave me this error:
    "The SNID is numeric"
    I had included their space :?
    Once removed, registration was fine but they repeatedly asked me to swap the cashback for an extra 1 year of warentee.
    Could it be that some people are entering the "S/N" rather than the "SNID" ?
    (whatever SNID means)
    Cheers

bjc, Aug 19, 2008
  8. Ace_Rimmer

Guest Guest

I think I ran into a simular problem. Watch out for those zeros - It's easy to confuse the zero with the letter O, or vice versa.

Guest, Nov 12, 2008
Ask a Question