Proud Owner of an AA1, what i think so far.

Discussion in 'Acer Aspire One' started by Guest, Aug 25, 2008.

1. Guest

Guest Guest

Using it as we speak. :D

So far i love it, totally worth the price i paid for it. It is perfect for home/work, for me at least. The screen/resolution looks awesome as well.

The only problem i have with it are the touchpad buttons on the left & right, i just have to get used to it that's all.

I do have a question, if i decided to format the c: drive and do a clean install of vista or linux, how do i recovery the system using the recovery partition in case something happens? Thanks

Guest, Aug 25, 2008
  2. Guest

Raido

You don't use the recovery partition as such, you boot off an external drive w/recovery dvd, and/or make a bootable usb stick on yer pc using the recovery dvd, and then boot off that. So there's two ways to go about it.

With regard to the touchpad, don't forget you don't have to use the mouse 'buttons', you can also tap to click (and tap in the lower-right corner for right-click). :geek:

Raido, Aug 25, 2008
  3. Guest

midgetdiablo

No, I don't think any of that is necessary. At least with my old Acer, all you have to do is press alt+f10 before the notebook loads Windows. It should then direct you to Acer's recovery page where you can recover your netbook into stock settings.
    Just make sure D2D Recovery is enabled in the BIOS.

midgetdiablo, Aug 25, 2008
  4. Guest

davidw58

You can also plug in a USB mouse - mine just worked, no hassle with drivers.

davidw58, Aug 25, 2008
  5. Guest

...BeAkEr...

its now my favourite toy hands down :mrgreen:

...BeAkEr..., Aug 26, 2008
  6. Guest

Guest Guest

For sure my favorite toys hands down as well, it cant get any better than this. :D

Guest, Aug 27, 2008
Ask a Question