PS3 controller with laptop?

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by CasualGoofy, Mar 22, 2016.

1. CasualGoofy

CasualGoofy

I am not sure if this belongs under accessories or general.

There's always someone watching TV. Then I couldn't play on PS3 because I can't hog the TV.

This is where it's a good thing I have a laptop and/or notebook. I could maybe try using my PS3 controller on notebook?

I tried using motionjoy, and I just can't seem to use the PS3 controller with my notebook. It does notice I have it connected. But that's as far as it goes. This is windows 7. Supposedly it's supported. I miss playing on good old Dreamcast :(

CasualGoofy, Mar 22, 2016
  2. CasualGoofy

spence88

Nah, I think this is the right section. Is it? :p

So you got it work yet? I'm assuming you've already installed the controller's driver?

But then again, your laptop did recognize the controller. It should work but didn't. Hm...

spence88, Apr 9, 2016
  3. CasualGoofy

FenWoFon

Well, I have a friend who actually used to play games on his PC with the PS3 controller, I think that he just installed a kind of driver for it and it was all working after that, I do notreally know the driver's name but I could get it for you.

FenWoFon, Apr 16, 2016
  4. CasualGoofy

fcuco

Why not simply use a wired connection with the USB cable? There is another program called Xinput that you could try but it is quite difficult to get the thing to work if you want to use the wireless connection, even when the thing simply uses a Bluetooth link it is not as straightforward, besides, if you are doing gaming on your laptop I don't hing you are going to be sitting that far away to the thing that you can't simply use the cable.

I don't use wireless controllers anymore, not even when I am using an actual console, chargin batteries is a hassle.

fcuco, Apr 17, 2016
Ask a Question