Pulled router mains plug out by accident now acer says disco

Discussion in 'Acer Aspire One' started by LIBRALASS41, Aug 17, 2009.

1. LIBRALASS41

LIBRALASS41

Last night I pulled out the mains plug on my router in study by mistake. Re-plugged and main computer was fine again.

Today when I went to log on my Acer aspireOne, it is dialing up (without me hitting the browswer icon unusually) and says 'The network connection has been disconnected ' I have tried, pulling out router phoneline and putting it in again, switching power off laptop and re-tried a few times. The orange light is on at bottom right of laptop for router signel.

Pressing settings, /network centre, the dial up circle is next to the correct 'connection management my 'Auto Belkin 54g' but the attempt to connect circle just keeps trying and re-trying?

Please help me, I am not good with lap tops (just like using the thing!)
    Libra lass x

LIBRALASS41, Aug 17, 2009
  2. LIBRALASS41

LIBRALASS41

I tried pulling out the router relephone line, and putting it back, shall I pull out the power pin in the back of the router and utting it back in as well?

Its still not connecting, if I hover the arrow over the circle as it tries to connect it says 'attempting to join the wireless network Blekin54g'. if I delete the router and try again on the Aspire, it on the connection management window and I press NEW is it LAN I have to click? for new connection wizard? TO TRY AND FIND THE ROUTER AGAIN...

3. LIBRALASS41

jerryt

From your desktop computer open the network icon, right click on your router icon and select "access router web page", enter user name and password (from router maual), and verify the following settings;

Password or network key

also check if the setting which prevents all but listed "MAC device ID's" from connecting is turned on.

On the laptop, search for networks and set it up to connect to a different network. Then try your network again verifying network key and MAC ID with information from the router.

jerryt, Aug 17, 2009
  4. LIBRALASS41

LIBRALASS41

Thanks Jerry for replying. While I was waiting for someone to reply I unplugged both wires at the back or the Belkin router - plugged back in telephone line and power line and rebooted both computers and I seem to be back online now, although the Acer is dialing up automatically when before I had to hit the icon.

Ask a Question