Putting Partitions Back

Discussion in 'Acer Aspire One' started by quarkrad, Oct 5, 2012.

1. quarkrad

quarkrad

I added a partition to my acer apire one D250 to put linux on it and now want to go back to the factory set up. I can use the recovery partition to restore win7 but it still leaves the linux partition on the machine. It looks like the recovery feature does not re-write the partition structure. I can do this manually but cannot remember what the 'out of box' partition layout was. Can any body help me - what is the correct size/structure of the partitions?

quarkrad, Oct 5, 2012
  2. quarkrad

something back

something back, Oct 5, 2012
  3. quarkrad

john

Open the disk management and select the partition that you wish to remove. Right click partition and choose delete volume from the context menu.

john, Oct 10, 2012
  4. quarkrad

quarkrad

I cannot move forward on this one. I have win7 media that I can install on my Desktop and also into my Linux OS via Virtualbox so it seems to me that my media is OK. On the Acer I have to select achi in the bios so that the win7 setup sees the partition(s). When I select ide win7 setup does not see any partition(s). (When I select ide in the bios I can install winxp on this netbook). I have wiped the HD clean and set it up with one partition and multiple partitions following some blogs. (e.g. having the first partition labeled as 'System Reserved' and then a second partition formated as ntfs). No matter what my partition layout is I get the message from win7 setup:

Setup was unable to create a new system partition or locate an existing partition.

I know the win7 setup works so it looks to me that something within the Acer One is stopping the setup from installing. Any help appreciated - this seems to me to be an Acer One issue.

Last edited: Oct 10, 2012
    quarkrad, Oct 10, 2012
Ask a Question