Quake III Arena

Discussion in 'Linux' started by risk42, Jul 31, 2008.

1. risk42

garfey

Anyone managed to play this multiplayer on a LAN? I'm having issues after setting myself up at the server. My friend can see the game on the q3 multiplayer screen but when he tries to connect he gets a message saying awaiting challenge and a countdown.

Any Ideas whats wrong? (we're both running the linpus version of the AA1 if that helps)

garfey, Sep 8, 2008
  2. risk42

keroro1979

I can only seem to find one item searching using "q3", the Quake 3 demo doesnt show up

keroro1979, Sep 16, 2008
  3. risk42

Yosser_UK

Sorry to sound dumb but if I was to download the demo of Q3 would I download the linux or the windows version.

Thanks.

Yosser_UK, Sep 29, 2008
  4. risk42

Yosser_UK

Ok I read the thread and managed to get quake 3 going but figure this, When I loaded q3 up first time it came to a black screen and I noticed my green battery LED switch off. The black screen stayed for ages (i thought it was loading) until I pressed esc, which took me to the q3 id intro and had a quick bash on q3, but I looks like something has blown my green LED and now it won't work, Even taking the battery out and running mains it remains off. The red LED works though.

Weird.

Yosser_UK, Oct 1, 2008
  5. risk42

El Matarife

I've been able to install the demo version of Q3 with no problem and it plays brilliantly.

However I haven't yet worked out how to get the pk3 files from my full version to work.

I installed Q3 using the Package Manager. On loading it for the first time, a dialogue box appears asking to choose between copying across the pk3 files from your full version and then re-running Q3, or to download the demo files. I have copied across the pak0.pk3 files from Quake 3 Arena and Team Arena into the baseq3 and missionpack folders respectively. But when I re-run Q3 the same dialogue box pops up, it doesn't appear to have acknowledged the presence of the full versions of the pak0.pk3 files.

I noticed Andysan mention that he also updated a file in /usr/bin/ - do I need to do this too, if so which file is it and what information within it do I need to change?

I anyone could offer some assistance that would be great, as I am brand new to Linux Linpus Lite, but am enjoying using it and am keen to learn!

Many thanks!

El Matarife, Dec 28, 2008
  6. risk42

rotor

if you want q3 to run in 1024*600, do the following, open the console (~ key).

/r_fullscreen 1
    /r_mode -1
    /r_customwidth 1024
    /r_customheight 600
    /vid_restart

rotor, Jan 19, 2009
  7. risk42

netsorcist

Why don't you play OpenArena ( http://openarena.ws/ )

netsorcist, Jan 20, 2009
Ask a Question