Question about Battery Life...

Discussion in 'Acer Aspire One' started by canadaguy, Aug 27, 2008.

1. canadaguy

canadaguy

Alright, so I'm set on getting on of these puppies the next time I have some cash to blow. The thing is though I really want to make sure which ever one I do end up getting can handle at least 3 hours of note taking. I'm talking just simple note taking in open office(writer/presentation).

From reviews, I've been leaning towards the 6-cell Windows XP version, although I'm wondering if I could get away with just using the Linux 512mb / SSD drive one instead w/ the 3cell battery.

If anyone has any suggestions, plz let me know, it's basically the only thing I need the netbook for that i'll need some good battery life. And if it can't get at least 3 hours it's gonna be useless for taking to school, cause I'm in class normally 3-4 hours before I can get to a place to recharge.

canadaguy, Aug 27, 2008
  2. canadaguy

Nambleruk

The linux ssd seemes to have the better battery life. Hdd versions appear to run down quicker.
    The linux versions boot up faster than xp one's. Depends what you want from your One.

3 cell batt = >3hrs
    6 cell batt = >7hrs

Nambleruk, Aug 27, 2008
  3. canadaguy

Achilles

Also bear in mind that these batteries degrade in time so that 3hrs when new may be only 2 1/2 hours in a years time etc.

Achilles, Aug 27, 2008
  4. canadaguy

3earnhardt3

Go with the 6-cell, you can barely squeeze three hours out of the 3-cell.

3earnhardt3, Aug 27, 2008
  5. canadaguy

clevin

I can only get about 2 hrs out of 3 cells on battery with wi-fi and low brightness, I do know wi-fi is a bigger battery sucker, so note taking might be somewhat better, still, I would suggest 6 cell if you want to be sure.

clevin, Aug 27, 2008
Ask a Question