Question on Bios

Discussion in 'Acer Aspire One' started by jerryrs, Jun 4, 2009.

1. jerryrs

jerryrs

Hi, I have been enjoying my refurbished Acer Aspire one A150 for a little over a week now. The machine started off completely silent then after a few days the fan started whirring fairly loudly. I've read enough on the internet to see this is a common problem amongst many users. I've been using the AA1 fan control and it is helped the problem somewhat, although I'm still a little nervous about my settings and overheating my cpu more than necessary. I'm debating whether I should try one of the cooling mods on youtube but I still find them a little more technical than I'm comfortable with. Also I would hate to make the issue worse. Personally to me it seems the problem is a temperature sensor issue. If the fan is coming on its doing its job, it just may be working more than necessary.

Ok, after all that, I saw Acer posted bios update 3310 on their website. Does anyone know if this update addresses the fan issue at all? Are there any reports on how stable the new bios is? I'm currently running hyperspace (http://www.hyperspace.com) on my laptop in a dual boot scenario and it is working great. I would hate to flash the bios to improve the fan and end up with the same problem or screwing up my system more. Sorry so long but would appreciate any input from you knowledgeable Aspire one users out there.

Thanks,

Jerry ;)

jerryrs, Jun 4, 2009
Ask a Question