Questions

Discussion in 'MacOS' started by EricT, Dec 7, 2009.

1. EricT

EricT

I know this probably has been covered, but I didn't find what i needed, i have no access to a mac os, but have a copy of iakios iso. i want to put this on an aaod 250, but i also have no dvd/cd reader or writer for the aao. i need to know what programs to use and how to put this on a jump drive so i can install on my aao 250.

EricT, Dec 7, 2009
  2. EricT

EricT

Okay, guys here is an update, i need to be able to do this and i need help, I am doing this for my IT/Networking class so i need all the help i can get, i need a good grade.

EricT, Dec 7, 2009
  3. EricT

AK963

Your networking class involes installing OS X on x86 hardware? Nice! :p

Anyway, without a mac it's virtually impossible to get OS X installed on a usb stick. So I have two suggestions:

1) If you have an unused PC, find a prepatched leopard image and install it on that. You wont have any drivers but that doesn't matter as all you need is disk utility and Netbook Bootmaker (which I have found unreliable, t say the least).
    2) Buy an IDE to USB cable with an AC adaptor and rip out a DVD drive from your nearest desktop. That's what I did to get Leo installed ;-)

AK963, Dec 7, 2009
  4. EricT

EricT

well actually it is on learning the networking part of mac's, so in order to do that i have decided to install osx86 on my aaod250 netbook to help learn some it. But i still get a grade as to whether or not i can show how to use it, so this is a good opportunity for me to try.

EricT, Dec 7, 2009
  5. EricT

AK963

Ah I see.

Btw I would strongly suggest going with retail snow leopard. All you need to do is boot the Netbook CD, then the retail Snow Leo disk and it will install, the install some kexts. Snow Leo runs (ran actually, I borked it, will fix when I can be bothered) great on my AAO 150, it should be the same for your model...

AK963, Dec 7, 2009
Ask a Question