Random 'jumps' while typing

Discussion in 'Linux' started by choogle, Mar 20, 2009.

1. choogle

choogle

I'm finding that the Acer Aspire I'm using often seems to have a tendency to 'jump' to another part of the page I'm typing on. For example, I'll be happily bashing out a paragraph or two, look up and find that the text is not typing where it should be, but has 'jumped' elsewhere.

Is this a common problem? This is the first netbook/laptop that I've had, so maybe there's something simple that I'm missing? Or maybe there's a problem with my netbook? (the problem I'm referring to happened whilst typing even this short message)

choogle, Mar 20, 2009
  2. choogle

jinx022

You may be touching the track pad accidentally while typing. Try disabling the track pad with Fn + F7 before typing. If this is the problem, there is a track pad sensitivity adjustment under "Settings". Or leave the track pad off and use a mouse.

jinx022, Mar 20, 2009
  3. choogle

rbil

Hit ALT-F2 and run this command:

syndaemon -i 2 -d

This will automatically turn off the touchpad while you are typing and turn it on in 2 seconds after you stop typing. Change the 2 to whatever time you prefer.

Cheers.

rbil, Mar 24, 2009
  4. choogle

e-griff

it is the touchpad. it needs to turned off automatically when typing (my Vaio does this by default)

thanks for that rbil! I asked for a solution some time ago and never found anything sensible.now you have supplied one. :p :p

e-griff, Mar 24, 2009
Ask a Question