Rare Boot Up Problem

Discussion in 'Acer Aspire One' started by gio, Oct 14, 2011.

1. gio

gio

i hope somebody could solve this rare encounter with AAO AOD250.

one time i extended the display to an old monitor for a bigger display.
    After that, my aspire one will not boot up unless the old monitor is "attach" with the "power off" to the external video port.

It will operate the fan for a while, then stop with the power light on and no response.
    If the power is "ON" it will not boot up. If the monitor is "DETACHED" it will not boot up.
    Hooking it up to another external display did not work either.
    Flashing the BIOS to the latest nor the oldest and other available BIOS did not solve the problem. Used both the "Fn+Esc" and through the windows flash.
    Using eRecovery to preInstalled Win XP Home did not help either. Tried upgrading to Win7, reformating and Win7 clean install did not solve the problem.
    Tried disassembling AOD250, shorting the battery to activate original BIOS did not help either.

I am totally out of wit here. I hope somebody can help me use my netbook as a netbook and not as a desktop. :)

gio, Oct 14, 2011
Ask a Question