rDesktop

Discussion in 'Linux' started by organisys, Jul 22, 2008.

1. organisys

organisys

organisys, Jul 22, 2008
  2. organisys

Guest Guest

You should be able to see it in the Packet Manager, so just select and install.

TS Client is also on there which I am going to try out.

*Edit - Seems you cant install either, seems to be conflict and dependincies issues.
    ** Edit - I managed to get Rdesktop installed using Yum install rdesktop, not been able to get it to work yet though.

Guest, Jul 23, 2008
  3. organisys

organisys

OK, Got it installed via the packet manager. It's a command line tool though so have to start it from terminal with:

rDesktop hostname

organisys, Jul 24, 2008
  4. organisys

gyandharm

I installed rdesktop and have fully functional access to the Terminal Server running Windows Server 2003 at my workplace. I need to toggle CTRL-ALT-ENTER to get screen to fit.
    I got details below from Linpus about how to set this up from Terminal Screen:
    Steps:

1. Press "alt+F2" keys and type "terminal" to open up a terminal mode

2. Type "sudo yum install rdesktop" to install the software

3. At terminal mode, type "rdesktop" to display the help screen for reference.

I then launched redesktop from terminal mode adding the IP address to get to the server log on.

I then have full access to Windows software installed on the server.

gyandharm, Oct 24, 2008
Ask a Question