re installing ubuntu on acer aspire one

Discussion in 'Linux' started by davi, Aug 7, 2011.

1. davi

davi

the os system on my acer aspire one was ubuntu. the system required a password before letting me install programs, i didn't have that password since i bought the notebook second hand. i wiped the hard drive with a view to re installing ubuntu, downloaded ubuntu to a memory stick but machine recognises memory stick but will not accept installation 'unknown file system' can anyone help ?

davi, Aug 7, 2011
  2. davi

jice

ask the password to the seller or get your money back

jice, Aug 7, 2011
  3. davi

RockDoctor

Not sure about the memory stick, but my AA1, an AOA150, won't boot from either of the card slots; I have to use a USB flash drive or reader

RockDoctor, Aug 26, 2011
  4. davi

Cushie

Well I hope you have it sorted by now. I'm running Ubuntu 11.10 great. PLease note you can't boot the downloaded '.iso' file, it wont boot because it is all in one file. You must use "Start up Disk Creater" or "Unetbootin" to transfer the complete OS, then boot the USB stick. (If you are really up to it I think there is a way of using the DD command)
    G.L.

Cushie, Nov 24, 2011
Ask a Question