reading a Compact Flash card

Discussion in 'Linux' started by bruce666, Sep 1, 2009.

1. bruce666

bruce666

Hi, I wish to put pictures from a Canon camera into my Linpus AA1. The computer can't read the card (Compact Flash, 1GB) if I connect the camera to it with a USB cable, and that makes sense, because I very likely need the proprietary Canon software. Now I bought a little multi card reader, connected everything, but NO! the file manager still can't see it. What now? thanks, Bruce

bruce666, Sep 1, 2009
  2. bruce666

qlue

What format does your digital camera use? Compact flash is basically a PATA drive on a card. It should use FAT32. If not, it might not be readable in Linux.
    And you shouldn't need propriety software to read it via the usb cable, those cables usually just convert the card to a usb harddrive.
    what model camera is it.

qlue, Sep 1, 2009
  3. bruce666

alltvrepairs

Hi, Have you solved this problem please. I have the same issue on my Linpus Lite OS that cannot see my Canon PowerShot A70 camera.

alltvrepairs, Sep 24, 2009
  4. bruce666

Dorothea

Hello
    I have had no problem with downloading from a compact flash card (Canon 400 camera) so I don't think it is an issue with the Aspire or LInpus. I use Picase (free google prog) to download and do basic editing so why not try that. I have downloaded JPEG and RAW. Good Luck - but be warned the aspire cannot handle too many photos or much editing. It is fine to take on holiday to quickly review and post for folks at home to see but it can't do serious editing. I tried GIMP but couldn't get used to it so wait to use photoshop on wndows desktop

Dorothea, Sep 26, 2009
Ask a Question