Readyboost not working

Discussion in 'Windows' started by goaten2000, Feb 22, 2009.

1. goaten2000

goaten2000

Hi Everyone,

I'm really impressed with Windows 7 so far, had it installed 2 weeks now and haven't touched XP at all but I'm having problems getting readyboost working.

I've got a 4GB Class 6 Transcend Memory card in the left hand slot. When the autoplay box comes up, I select the readyboost option but when the disk properties comes up there isn't a Readyboost tab for me to enable it.

Any ideas what I'm doing wrong? I've searched here and the internet and seen references to the readyboost service but that isn't even in the list of services.

goaten2000, Feb 22, 2009
  2. goaten2000

tmp0922

I'm having the exact same issue since install the new build (7022) didn't have the issue with the windows 7 build (7000) readyboost worked like a charm also took forever for me to the wireless up and running and stay working but got that figured out sometime last night,

I'm pretty happy with new build really seems more responsive and snappier so I'm really looking forward to the actual release of the full OS (never ever would have thought I would say that about a windows product EVER but I'm really happy with what Ive seen so far)

Antony

tmp0922, Feb 22, 2009
  3. goaten2000

goaten2000

Ah I'm using build 7022, I didn't usse 7000 at all.

You're right, it is quite responsive already but if there are improvements to be made with readyboost.....!!

didn't have any problems with wireless at all, but then I've put in the Dell 1390 card, worked right out of the box.

goaten2000, Feb 22, 2009
Ask a Question