real player for the a one?

Discussion in 'Linux' started by wavefinder, Sep 5, 2008.

1. wavefinder

wavefinder

hi, is it possible to install real player for linux on the acer one? i have it on my windows pc and i like the facility to download any video.would be good to save the videos etc on the 120gig h d. :?:

wavefinder, Sep 5, 2008
  2. wavefinder

wavefinder

jesus! not one reply! i am new to linux. i have the nokia 800 int tablet which is based on linux,but at least with them you can have one click install. realplayer for linux exists, i ask simply can it be installed on the acer one?
    on this forum it seems if you ask a real geeky question,for some reason it will generate a lot of interest from the geeks who are into linux speak!
    :roll: :? :lol: :eek: :?: :idea: :idea: :| :mrgreen: :D

wavefinder, Sep 7, 2008
  3. wavefinder

Ady. S

Ady. S, Sep 9, 2008
  4. wavefinder

Darryl

I tried the above link and the process didnt work. I did download the fedora core version tho this being realplayer11GOLD.rpm rather than the .bin file mentioned and managed to get it to work, but only thru the RUN option in advanced mode. When you've installed it with software manager you can run realplayer by entering /opt/real/RealPlayer/realplay Then enter the url you want to stream in the "open location" tab under file and it'll work fine. The system wont even bring it up as an optional app when you want to "open with other media" but it does work.

Darryl, Sep 15, 2008
  5. wavefinder

steven.chien

I recommend you to use the RPM, it will be easier to manage in the future(you won't know how to uninstall it if you used .bin), also, i suggest you also install VLC, Real on Linux really can not play anything, except for Real Formats

steven.chien, Oct 21, 2008
Ask a Question