REAL PLAYER REVISITED

Discussion in 'Linux' started by needhat, Nov 11, 2009.

1. needhat

needhat

Can anyone please help me with this, as I clearly don't know what I'm doing?
    I followed the instructions outlined below and received the following message:

"bash: dca: command not found"

RealPlayer11GOLD
    by paramo » Sun Dec 21, 2008 1:55 am
    Hi,
    I've used the .rpm to install RealPlayer11GOLD but would like to know how to add the player to the Applications list so that I can play files from my downloads directory.

any ideas?
    paramo

• Private message
    by jrs » Thu Feb 12, 2009 7:48 pm
    Try this:
    Code: Select all
    sudo cp /opt/real/RealPlayer/share/icons/realplay_192x192.png /usr/share/pixmaps/realplay.png
    sudo cp /usr/share/applications/mplayer.desktop /usr/share/applications/realplay.desktop
    sudo sed -e'/Exec/cExec=realplay' -e'/Icon/cIcon=realplay' -i /usr/share/applications/realplay.desktop
    dca add 12 "file='/usr/share/applications/realplay.desktop'"

Reboot and you should be in business.

Take a look at the Macles Blog if you need other examples of how to add icons.
    jrs

needhat, Nov 11, 2009
  2. needhat

MobileMan

Pretty sure the VLC player played Real files, but mine has broken- now it plays a second or 2 and stops for 1-2 second in a terrible loop.

MobileMan, Mar 4, 2010
Ask a Question